The Taxpert MTD Basis Period App is designed to help accountants and tax advisers with sole trader and partnership clients to work out the effect of the switch to a tax year basis as part of MTD for ITSA.
The Taxpert MTD Basis Period App can also be used to model different accounting date strategies to see which clients could benefit from changing their accounting date before the switch.
Whilst these complex calculations can be done manually, they can take up a lot of time and the accuracy of the calculations will need checking. However, with just the click of a few buttons and entering your client’s key data, our App does all this for you. Plus, you can have total confidence that the figures are correct when you present them to your clients.
Here’s how the App works:
- simply input the current accounting date and the profits for each period based on that date;
- enter the amount of any overlap relief brought forward;
- the basis period profits are instantly calculated for the tax years 2020-21 to 2027-28;
- then enter any new accounting date and the revised basis period profits are shown for each tax year.
The Taxpert MTD Basis Period App immediately shows if there could be cash flow benefits from changing the accounting date and even calculates the optimal new date to use.
Overlap relief is fully accounted for and the user can play around with different dates and profit forecasts to see the cash flow impact on individual tax years.
As with all our other Taxpert Planning Apps, the MTD Basis Period App is quick and easy to use. It helps you to give your clients the very best advice and saves you time and money in trying to perform the same calculations yourself.
We strongly advise that you take a look at our Taxpert MTD Basis Period App before you file any 2021-22 tax returns, as it could save your clients a lot of money and in some cases make the difference between their business surviving or not.
The Taxpert MTD Basis Period App in action
- Abigail is a sole trader with a 5 April year end. Up until 5 April 2022 her profits were about £12,000 each year but post-pandemic she has surged ahead and now makes about £60,000 a year. With no change of accounting date Abigail’s taxable profits will be:
2023-24 etc £60,000
But if she changes accounting date to 30 April 2022 her taxable profits will be:
2023-24 etc £68,936
You need to see it to believe it!
- Billy is a sole trader with a 30 April year end. Her profits are consistently £30,000 each year and she has overlap relief brought forward of £45,000. With no change of accounting date Billy’s taxable profits will be:
2024-25 etc £30,000
But if she changes accounting date to 5 April 2022 her taxable profits will be:
2022-23 etc £30,000
You need to see it to believe it!
Our Taxpert MTD Basis Period App is a quick and simple way to show your clients the effect of choosing a different accounting date and how this could have a significant impact on how much tax they have to pay.
Pricing and Special Offer
The Taxpert MTD Basis Period App costs just £99 + VAT for a single user licence. However, if you have already bought, or you intend to buy, any of the following Apps you will pay £99+VAT for the first App and only £50+VAT for any subsequent Apps you purchase, based on a single user licence. There is no time limit as to when you buy the additional Apps in order to qualify for this special offer. Our other easy to use Apps are:
> Download a free trial of Taxpert Change of Accounting Date
> Back to Products Home
Add to Basket